This is a picture of my dog Elvis. I got him from Barkin Rescue about 5 years ago. He has settled into his new home nicely, and is a very friendly guy. There are a few quirks about him though - some that are traits of his breed and others that are his own.
- I read that basset hound ears are longer than basset hound legs. It appears to be true, but since he won`t let me measure them, I can`t be sure.
- He loves to try new things - like swimming with his dog pals. His barrel-chest and short legs make it less than ideal to swim but that doesn`t stop him.
- Even though his breed tends to overweight, this guy doesn`t eat a lot.
- He is a pure athlete.
- He can`t stand to have his toe nails touched. So clipping them is an ordeal.
- Now that he is five, he sometimes prefers the sofa to a long walk.
- He hates mornings.
- He views all commands as requests that can be ignored, even if treats are involved.
- He uses those sad eyes to get whatever he wants from others.
- He sheds hair all-year round.
Oh! I guess I have to put in the last thing...my basset hound doesn`t howl! Some idiot kicked him before he was rescued and the vet says his howl was likely the reason. So his howl has been kicked right out of him. I have only heard him howl twice in the time I have known him - both during the middle of the night.