Sunday, February 19, 2012

Great Twist on Traditional Pasta

I know there are chickpea and pasta recipes out there, but this is my own take on it. Its fast, easy, cheap and nutritional. I bring it for lunch sometimes too.







 Chickpea Pasta with Red Peppers

1 c of dry spiral pasta, cooked
1 can  of chickpeas, drained
1 red pepper, diced
3 Tbsp tomato sauce
2 Tbsp water
Basil leaves (optional)

I saute the chopped red peppers and add the chickpeas, tomato sauce and water after a few minutes. I add the cooked pasta and remove from heat. I toss the torn leaves of basil and let the dish sit for a few minutes. Serve - the colours are magnificent!

5 comments:

  1. This is a nice, simple dish. Great colours for this drab time of year

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really appetizing. Does it take long to make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes about the same amount of time to make regular pasta. You're simply adding a can of chickpeas and some sauteed red peppers. (I added olives last night too.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Great, easy recipe for adding beans to your diet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great and easy recipe for adding beans to your diet.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...