Friday, February 10, 2012

Is Polysporin Supposed to Cause Numbing?

I used Polysporin on my chapped lips and they immediately went numb. It was weird. They still feel a bit odd and its been a day. The good news it that my dry, chapped lips seem to be a lot better. I've used it lots of times in the past and never had this sort of reaction. It sort of feels like the numbing gel they give you at the dentist's office. Anyway, it was such an odd reaction, I decided to search the internet for others who have had the same reaction. Turns out it is a common reaction. Someone actually advised another person to use it to numb their lips when putting in a lip ring!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks. It happened to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happened to me too! when i googled it online "doctors" were all saying it's impossible but it definitely happened. numbness went away after a few minutes though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just happened to me; was kind of odd because I put it on after I brush my teeth before bed and when I wake up. It was the first time it has ever done that since I started doing this a couple weeks ago. It calmed down but it was insane. Glad to know it is t anything bad and I could keep doing so. I also was reading on "doctors" pages and they said it wasn't possible?? It definitely is. Thank you for the help. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely made my lips numb. First felt the numbness on a chapped part of my lips. Felt numb in small area. So, I checked to see if label and no anesthesia ingredients. Tried it in other areas to see what might happen. Wherever I put Polysporin ointment on my lips they went numb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely made my lips numb. First felt the numbness on a chapped part of my lips. Felt numb in small area. So, I checked to see if label and no anesthesia ingredients. Tried it in other areas to see what might happen. Wherever I put Polysporin ointment on my lips they went numb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ingredients say 5% lidocaine which is a numbing agent lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krystin, thanks for clarification.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...