Friday, February 17, 2012

What Resolves Your Migraines?

I get migraines. They are terrible but, if I get an Nsaid early, I can ward it off. I know what sets them off -TMJ, stress and junk food. Well, yesterday I had the worst migraine of my life. I thought my head was going to explode. And nothing could fix it. I took five pills and nothing happened. It was unbelievable. Then, as it started to get better, I took two Advil. Then I took another about two hours later.

We all know there are triggers for a migraine. But what are the things you do to help resolve a migraine? I know that if I am eating healthfully, I don't get them at all. If I have a green smoothie everyday, I just do not get migraines.But once I have one, sleep is the only thing that really gets rid of it but the presciption meds help me to cope until it goes away.

I have a friend who swears by ice packs and another who spent $300 on a amethyst stone, and swears it helps. What do you do to help end a migraine once it has started?

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, pain killers is what does it, but only if I catch it early enough. I used to use Excedrin but now I find Advil works just fine (usually 3). If I don't catch it in time, sleep is the only thing that really gets rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an RN, and I don't suggest that anyone experiment with taking more Advil than advised on the bottle. Advil is gaining a reputation for having severe side effects. Christine, take two advil and wait four hours for the next two. Or go to a doctor and get a scrip for another drug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a divorce *lol* Remarried 10 years later to a much better one...not had a migraine since!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...