Sunday, March 4, 2012

Green Smoothie Recipe





This is my recipe but there are hundreds on the internet. I swear that drinking these keeps my migraines away.

1 cup of milk (dairy or non-dairy)
2 cups of spinach (or any green leafy vegetable)
3 bananas (frozen is better)

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until sufficiently smooth. Then blend a minute or two more. These are better when everything is smooth. Drink at leisure.
The bananas drown out the taste of the spinach. Trust me, they do.

Good Reasons to Drink Green smoothies:

  1. They are quick to make
  2. They taste good.
  3. They are very nutritious
  4. You are covered for your greens on days that you drink these.

3 comments:

  1. What about adding other fruit? Can you change out the fruit and veggies as you wish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy,

    Change the greens as you like ( i even use carrot greens and basil when its cheap. Mint is delicious and grows like a weed in my yard, so I use it too. Parsley has a nice mild flavour too.)
    I say add fruits as you wish but keep the bananas. Bananas drown out the flavours of a lot of the greens and make it very smooth. Again, frozen fruit is nice in summer for a slushier drink and room-temp is nice in winter.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...