Friday, March 30, 2012

My Polyester -Shearling Jacket




This fabric has a nap and so it looks darker in spots...






I didn't bother to do anything with the seams - that's the beauty of polyester shearling!!!

Welt pockets - my first (and maybe last! They were difficult) ever!

I had trouble with puckering on the zipper and the hem. I gave up..I may just pull it out and do it again.

I've discovered that I really enjoy relaxing when I sew. I'm not one to change patterns - I like sewing to be very mindless but I do play with fabric choices and colours.

Having said that I rarely change patterns, I had to change a few things on this easy pattern to make it work in the heavier fabric. My jacket is a hybrid of two patterns....this one and Burda 112B

5 comments:

  1. Nothy. It looks nearly the same as mine and mine is real suede. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive. I want to see a picture with you wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Nothy. But...we really need it modeled on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice jacket. I'm glad you mentioned the nap - the differing colours look a little darkr in areas. Is that the photo or is does the jacket have that appearance too?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...