Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Second Big Lists of Blogs for Using Fabric Scraps


Scrap and recycled fabric crafts are very popular on the web. Here is another list of projects. Please let me know if there are any other tutorials you know about. (And I need to add that some of these crafts require large amounts of scraps, like the braided denim rug tutorial at Frugal Veggie Mama).



Scrappy Happy has ideas for pin cushions, covered bobby pins and Altoids boxes and more. 

Jamjarbizarre has a post titled "How to make a Fab Fabric Flower". The tutorial is only a few steps and the flower is very cool. You can put it on totes or shirt!


Practical Enrichment has a post about using fabric scraps for a shower curtain and other things.


HannahKateFlora uses fabric scraps to make beautiful bows.


Scrap project ideas and links to tutorials are listed at Make and Takes. I love the fabric wreath and the covered thumb tacks!


Make it and Love it has several tutorials on using fabric scraps for fun projects. My favourite is the back-straps for flip-flops.


Scraps are used to make pencil cases in all colours at Bernie and I.


Flare Fabric Blog has a bulletin board made by grade one students using scraps! Looks great.


Why not make something that's useful, pretty, cheap, and easy peasy to sew with your fabric scraps? That is what Art House Mum does by making beautiful boxes.


Three Blind Wives has a list of ten things to make with fabric scraps. They include a wrist-pin cushion (I need to make one of those) and a bandana.


Salt Tree has a cool tutorial on making a scrap fabric bowl. This looks really spectacular!


There is a scrap fabric banner that is interesting at Hellolidy.


There are scrap fabric Easter eggs that are really fun at It's Overflowing.








There are 15 scrap fabric projects at All Free Sewing with tutorials to boot. I love the tree pillow!



Wisebread has 25 things to do with old jeans.

And Tip Nut has a list of links for recycling old jeans. I love the rag rug and the pillow made from different colours of denim.  

Cut Out and Keep uses denim scraps to back the bows they make in this tutorial. 

And Thrifty Fun makes denim hats for babies with fabric scraps.


Update: (July 30, 2012)
Here is a link to my post on making door stops.


Here is a link to my post on making baby gifts, which uses a lot of smaller pieces of fabric...


And here is the link to my first big list of blogs for using fabric scraps

5 comments:

  1. Using old scraps is so important. I can squeeze a dollar out of a nickel - we have to use every penny wisely in this family (6 kids), so I am always looking for ways to use odds and ends, scraps, and to recycle our things. My children and I always try to make fun objects with our fabrics and our house looks amazing as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...so many great links, I love fabric scraps...I have lots of them. Thanks for sharing these links. I like the denim rug and fabric bow on bangles ideas. Looks like I got lots of projects to do this summer holiday!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sew" many projects, "sew" little time! Thanks for the list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for putting this together. This is just the sort of thing I like to do - check out all my options before deciding on which one to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post writing is also a fun, if you be acquainted with after that you can write if not it is
    difficult to write.
    Here is my website Celebration Cakes

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...