Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Trial Pair of Pants

The instruments of pattern fitting. I always measure and cut out one size larger than I need for fit purposes. I also added an inch of seam allowance (tip from Pants that Fit) and I found I had a lot of taking in to do at the end......

The fabric is a cotton twill I picked up for $2/metre.

I found the pattern was easy to sew.

And while I had some problems with fitting the pants, these were caused by me rather than the pattern.

Scraps that I keep nearby in order to test the tension on my machine, etc.,

Finished!

I'm going to wear them to work on Monday.

This is the pattern. Simplicity 3850. It may be out of print, I bought it a few years ago. Oh, I did go back and make notes for the next time I use this pattern.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! Next time don't add the one inch seam allowances!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you did a good job. I have a few patterns Built by Wendy from Simplicity. They are a good fit - no reason to go up a size.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...