Saturday, June 30, 2012

New Curtains for the Guest Room

The fabric is a cotton twill from my stash. I purchased in England  years ago and finally decided to use it. I love the ladybugs and dragonflies on it!

I was careful to line these drapes - I want them to last...and boy, does the sun do a number on unlined drapes!


I made pockets for the rods.

I really do love the bright colours of the drapes, which are quite a heavy twill. 
Finished!

I made ties too and here are the drapes tied back. I have to work on some sort of sheer  fabric. I don't like the blinds (an odd colour that came with the house...) and sheers would hide them nicely.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I'm afraid those blinds look like the kind that don't add much privacy, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The blinds aren't great but they were the right price: free with the house.

      Delete
  2. The pattern is very nice. I have bugs printed on my sheets....I love the yellow colour -very unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just a fabulous colour and I love the embroidered bugs on them! Very nice fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...