Monday, August 27, 2012

I Got My Copy of Gertie's Book today.......

What a lovely surprise I received today when I picked up the mail. I had pre-ordered my Gertie book, which has a publishing date of September 1st...and I got it today. 

I am just giving you a few pictures so you can get the feel of how fabulous a book this is.....

There are several patterns with detailed instructions on how to fit them ...This pencil skirt is at the top of my list...

And this dress...the price of the book is worth it just for this dress pattern. (And I love that Gertie did all her own modelling.)

The pattern layouts are easy to read and all in one place at the back. I find this  a really well thought-out book - the patterns, the instructions, the pattern lay-outs in one place and the spiral binding....

13 comments:

  1. oh so jealous! I want mine now too!!! Have fun with the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Mine must be on the way...I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks and sounds like a fantastic book! The book store here in my town is having a sewing festival on Saturday. I plan to pick it up then...finally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My birthday is September 2 and I was very blunt on what I'd like for my birthday sending my husband the links. I am glad to hear it's what I'd expect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I am so excited for you!! But now I have serious book envy! I am waiting for it to come to my local bookstore because after you buy 10 books, they take the average price of the previous 10 books and the. You get that much off your next purchase. I can't wait to see what you make first!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only I could follow a pattern - everything you showed a photo of I would totally wear!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This week must feel like Christmas to you :-) Have fun with all the new toys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel like Christmas. I think I am going to spend the whole week sewing.

      Delete
  8. I ordered mine months ago, can't wait now I've seen these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want this book! What is the first thing you'll make?

    Also, I'm your newest follower - hi!

    -Sara, Road to the Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the skirt will be first because it is a quicker project than the dress...

      Delete
  10. I must order this book. Too long to wait for Christmas!! That pencil skirt looks very nice, I think that will be my first make as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great!

    I'm a new follower, hope you can stop by mamasmusingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...