Thursday, August 30, 2012

Patterns and Postcards swap

I'll be participating in the patterns and postcards swap that is being held at The Perfect Nose. The more people who join the better!



Rules:  

1. Gather any patterns, or magazines you have and aren't going to use anymore. Take good, close-up pictures of them and post them on your blog or flicker. Due this by the end of September.

2. Email or post at The Perfect Nose so that there is one central location to find all the people who are participating (and their patterns).

3. Contact the current owner via her blog to arrange a swap of your pattern for the one you want. Do this in October...

4. Mail your pattern to the new owner along with a postcard (the more outrageous the better). This should be done for the first week in November.


This skirt is made for waist size 28. I had to size up. I just took my measurements and added them to the one piece skirt-body pattern (there is a facing for the button holes and a waistband too. This is such a classic skirt. (Year Published: 1954)

New Look. Sizes 10 -22. I made the top version. I didn't love the sleeves.

Palmer and Pletch Pattern. If you need help fitting pants, make this pattern. Size 16 -22

Basic button-down shirt. Neck size 15. The stamp above the guy in white reads : Tean Action Line featuring Jimmy McNichol! 


Traded with Sew I Sewed This A very quick sew. Size 6 -18

Traded with Sew I Sewed This Size 12. Year published 1978

Connie Crawford Modern fit skirt and vest pattern. Sized L -5X

Traded to Sewisewedthis New Look size 8 -18.

New Look. Size 8 -18

McCalls Misses Size 16, bust 38. I can't find a year on it but I bet it was published in the 70s.


See my next five patterns here
And my third list here

6 comments:

  1. Oooo this sounds like fun!! I think I may do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we can't place dibs until October, but I have my eye on your Style 2325 and maybe the Burda above it if you want to swap 2 with me. I'll try to take photos and get mine posted soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sounds good. I don't think it's a problem at all...let me know when yours are posted...

      Delete
    2. Ok, there are 4 posts of patterns up on my blog now. Take your pick of any to swap me for the Style 2325 and maybe the Burda dresses above it. =) http://soisewedthis.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  3. Hi there, I check your blog like every week. Your humoristic style
    is witty, keep it up!

    Feel free to surf to my site website

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...