Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sewing Ideas for Baby Gifts

I have a friend who had a baby about a month ago and another who will be having a baby in about a month. So, I've been looking around for ways to personalize a gift...

Bibs

The Sewing Dork has a great pictorial on making baby bibs. I like that she used scraps.






Randomness has a reversible bib pattern and instructions. There is a pdf file for the pattern and some great ideas to make stand-out bibs.

Baby Sling

Here is a fantastic tutorial on how to make a baby sling. A sling would be a great gift if you found fabric that really personalized it for the mother.

Baby Mobile





This amazing and simple mobile is so nice. Offbeatmama.com has links to instructions and some great ideas to personalize it.

Here is a link to the fabulous one posted at Blue Sage. There are some really good ideas from Life Sprinkled With Glitter too. 


Bedding for the Crib

Make-baby-stuff.com is a great site. It has so many free patterns and great ideas that it is a must-visit site for anyone looking to make things for a baby. I looked primarily at the bedding but I noticed links for baby quilts and blanket patterns too! And be sure to check out the baby pants pattern - each pair of those pants in the picture are amazing!


Toys

Sewing.org has some tips on making animal-themed wash cloth puppets. And what about a toy nest to hold stuffed animals that latches to the crib? Free pattern from Joanns, found here.

Here is the link to the above-pictured droopy-eared sock bunny from Craft Passion. Do you have any other ideas or know of any tutorials for sewing baby items?

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful Nothy. Thanks for the resources.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will give you a link to the best baby bonnet pattern I've got. It is $7 on Ebay and I really love this pattern. This isn't free but the pattern is inexpensive. Bonnets are simple looking but you really need a good pattern to make one well. And what a smart gift!!!
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/75244570/pdf-patternlittle-bonnet
    The designer has another blog I love at http://littlebettydesigns.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby items - blankets, bibs, onezies, all great for sewing up in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personalized baby gifts are super cute and amazing. When I had my baby, all my colleagues and my friends got me “tiny cute cards.” I really appreciated that gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can we used these gifts for teen age girls?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this post. I have a friend expecting in February and am putting together a little hamper of handmade goodies. I'll be adding some bibs and a sling, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I need to make the Sock Bunny and easy Mobile for my niece! Looks cute and pretty simple to do, thanks for this post!

    Visiting from SITS

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...