Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Lap Quilt from Scraps

I know nothing at all about quilts. Nothing. Except that I love them. They are such fine examples of work. I love everything about them. I've always loved quilts and if truth be told, I would love to quilt. I just don't have the patience for it. This here is a quilt I threw together with odds and ends from my scrap pile.

It started out as a patchwork quilt but since all the perfectly cut squares were sewing up imperfectly, I abandoned that.

And so it became this rectangle-into-square thing, that's what I call it.

And it looks pretty good considering all the mistakes I made....

I made the back out of some polyester fabric I bought at a thrift store.

3 comments:

  1. It is very pretty! I like how you used shiny fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really pretty! I am currently saving up scraps of fabric for the Oh Fransson! Sparkle Quilt for my daughter. I am definitely nervous about quilting though. Quilts are just so big and I am scared to do the actual quilting part!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt. you did a splendid job

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...