Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Focus on Enjoyment 2013 Re-Sew-lution


This image is from So I Sewed This, a fabulous sewing blog I follow.

I love this idea: to focus on the enjoyment of sewing. I have a day job, sewing is supposed to be fun...


How will I put more enjoyment in my sewing?

  • Make clothes that I can wear. I know! Obvious - but not so for me. Lots of time I finish a project and I don't wear what I made.
  • Make a muslin for each garment in some fun, splashy fabric that makes me smile.
  • no crazy deadlines - real or imagined! This is something that I can improve on in all aspects of my life. I set a timetable and then if I don't meet it, I feel bad. Out with that!
  • no more splurging on fabric I don't need or can't afford. Less debt makes me more relaxed.
  • try one new pattern each month
  • buy no new Big 4 patterns
  • buy all the indie designer patterns I like
  • enjoy this blog and others
  • Don't let things become a chore - take a break when I need it


6 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I also need to make things i actually want to wear and not let things become a chore! Hope listing your ideas for enjoyment helps you keep them in mind throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how goals help people push to accomplish more, but I think that feeling of guilt with a deadline is what I end up with. Rather than being happy with what I did do, I focus on what I didn't do.

    Also, I first read the title as "Focus on Employment" and then I was surprised when you mentioned having a day job rather than changing the day job. Maybe this cold is making my head fuzzier than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have the goal of trying a new pattern every month and limiting my purchases of the big four patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cracking list! What fun! I can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I hope you don't mind, but I nominated you for a Liebster Award on my blog. It's an award to help bring viewers to blogs with less than 200 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list for 2013! Focusing on enjoying sewing sounds like a great idea ... off to have a peek around your blog ... J

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...