This image is from So I Sewed This, a fabulous sewing blog I follow.
I love this idea: to focus on the enjoyment of sewing. I have a day job, sewing is supposed to be fun...
How will I put more enjoyment in my sewing?
- Make clothes that I can wear. I know! Obvious - but not so for me. Lots of time I finish a project and I don't wear what I made.
- Make a muslin for each garment in some fun, splashy fabric that makes me smile.
- no crazy deadlines - real or imagined! This is something that I can improve on in all aspects of my life. I set a timetable and then if I don't meet it, I feel bad. Out with that!
- no more splurging on fabric I don't need or can't afford. Less debt makes me more relaxed.
- try one new pattern each month
- buy no new Big 4 patterns
- buy all the indie designer patterns I like
- enjoy this blog and others
- Don't let things become a chore - take a break when I need it