Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Fearless February Pattern Choice

I've decided to join the Fearless February Sewing Challenge over at Ten Thousand Hours of Sewing....because I have lots of fears that hold up my sewing (this challenge really speaks to me!).

I'm challenging my self to make pants...my first pair should be finished tomorrow night...and I will post pics right away. I plan to make at least three different pair of pants in this challenge -what I mean by that is that each pair will be made from a different pattern.But I've expanded my challenge to include all the items in a single multi-item sewing pattern. The pattern I've chosen is Butterick 5333. It's a pattern I've had and have been meaning to get to for at least a year. I've decided to include this as part of my challenge because I am a procastinator and I need to gear myself up for this. I thought if I manage to make all the other pieces then I will be obligated to make those pants...

First up....the dress. This should be an easy make for me...I'm planning on using a small print fabric in pink or green for spring...
       


Report cards are nearly over - just the dreaded revisions need to be done - and my evenings will be my own once again....so I will be able to sew.....

10 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Look at you Lady! Just jumping right on in. I like your plans. Pants are on my list as well and I'm gonna try and get a head start on them tonight. Happy sewing to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria! I love your challenge because it has re-charged my sewing.

      Delete
  2. Love the dress you are starting with. Looking forward to seeing the finished article! On my list for this year is to make the a pair of trousers using the Thurlow pattern, so will be looking for tips and hints on sewing trousers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,

      The Thurlows are the ones I want to work up to making too. Lladybird had a sew-along with amazing tutorials and I am going to reference those when I am sewing them...but that will be after the three pair I make first!

      Delete
    2. I thought I could link her blog to her name but that is beyond me at the moment: http://lladybird.wordpress.com/tag/thurlow-sewalong/

      Delete
  3. Great pattern, I love the dress you are starting with. Seems like it could go really casual, work appropriate or fancy depending on the fabric choice.
    I have B5147 and while I have made the top from it (twice), and cut out the dress, I had dreams of making each piece 6 times (well, maybe not 6) to have a full wardrobe from one pattern. I think it's a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have B5147 and I always thought of making that cool looking retro top with a pair of slim pants .... Maybe the next one...

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the pants, looking forward to seeing the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! I can't wait to see whatcha got. I'm sure they will look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a good challenge. I need to get round to having a go at pants too. Can't wait to see your finished version!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...