The Hollyburn Skirt and the Cordova Jacket are the patterns I am working on right now.
It's great to be back to the old arrangement - working during the day and sewing in the evenings!
I plan to cut the skirt out tonight and sew it up in the next few days. It's a beginner pattern so I am expecting no surprises. I love the Sewaholic patterns because the instructions are so straight forward. There is a sew-along for this skirt by Rachel at My Messings...I may make a second skirt in the sew-along just for fun.
This steel grey fabric is from my stash - it is a heavy polyester weave and it is quite versatile.
After the first Hollyburn Skirt, I will get right into the Cordova. Again, I will be choosing fabric from my stash. That damn stash is just too big...I have to widdle it down.
I made my New Years' resolutions in November ( my sewing ones at least):
- finish one new pattern a month (minimum - two would be ideal but not always doable each month)
- repeats of patterns need to have a variation (either provided with the pattern or improvised by me)
- purchase no new big 4 patterns for one year to encourage me to use the patterns I own - and to change them to match new patterns I like
- purchase all the independent patterns I want - they are well made and motivate me to sew more (hey, this challenge is about more sewing not saving money)
- purchase no new books (with the exception of the Burda Vintage book and the two I ordered this weekend plus any really, really good thrift shop deals that I can;t pass up!)
- sew a wardrobe of clothes that fit, look good and make me feel good
- wear the clothes I make