Monday, August 19, 2013

A Quick Skirt

I finally made the Vogue 1247 skirt in some washed denim from my stash. I added 4 inches to the skirt length...and I still feel it is too short. I will make it again but maybe add an extra inch or so.




I have my brown matte striped fabric pinned in a single layer on the cross grain of the fabric. I should have those pants finished by the weekend. I spent the summer makings skirts and now I need to think about pants for back to work....

Also, I happened upon this fun video on CTV news about a 14 year old sewing

3 comments:

  1. Everyone but me seems to have made this skirt - it's a great casual skirt. Good luck with the pants sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being "published" in this week's Colette Patterns Snippets! Excellent tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Ditto to Gwen above) Congrats on your feature on colette's snippets newsletter =)
    Can't believe that skirt pattern was 4 inches shorter, must've been a mini! but i think this length looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...