Monday, August 26, 2013

Almost Finished a Forgotten Project (Simplicity 2657) and I Like the Results


Even though this project took me forever to complete (I just have to do the hem), I found it to be a fabulous pattern. The fit was fantastic and the instructions were super clear. I will definitely make this one again and again!
It was the fabric that really messed me up. This is a super cool, cotton border print. And I really messed up cutting it out. I had to make the contrasting blue seams in order to save it....

Oh, and I chose to use shirring on the back - it fit a bit funny and I thought shirring would hide it. I used this tutorial to guide me and I found it was quite easy to do... It also hides that I didn't match the dots on the bodice front and back

And while I fretted about putting in the zipper with shirred fabric it was a breeze.

This is what it looks like now....I still have the hem to sew and then I will get some shots of me wearing it. And now, back to finishing up my Saltspring dress for the Sewaholic sew along.....

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. I worry about buying border prints for exactly the reason you stated - you really have to plan ahead to pull it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric. The dress looks great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...