Also, sorry for the blurry pics. I am still getting used to a new camera. And I never read the instructions to these things. Its all trial-and-error with me.
|I fit the straps instead of tying them....|
|I found the length a bit short for my taste so I added a contrasting waistband (and I attempted to do a chevron waistband and it isn't perfect but I do like it). Oh! And I added a ruffle at the bottom just because I was playing...|
|Again, it isn't perfect but I am learning a lot and growing my confidence....|
|Because I added the chevron, I took out about three inches from the bodice, which is why I added the ruffle. I wanted the extra length.|
Now, I am still finishing up my rayon challis version. It is a lot closer to the original pattern except for the straps, which I changed significantly. I should get that one posted by Wednesday. After that I am on to the next challenge from On Road to Sew Wear's Scary September Challenge...I'm making buttondowns (or what I call buttondowns anyway. You know those men's style shirts with the buttons down the front. ) I'm going to try to make one a week... I'll post pattern, fabric and progress
|Scary September Sewing Contest|