Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Quick Renfrew Cowl Neck...

To overcome my sewing slump I turned to a TNT pattern - the Renfrew top - I used fabric from my stash and sewed this up in an hour.

This is some really cool textured knit fabric I picked up at a sale a few years ago. I ended up using the wrong side of the fabric because I liked the textured appearance better....

This is my well-used copy of the Sewaholic's Renfrew. I lengthened it ages ago because I like my tops a bit longer. I don't know if you can see it properly, but I fused interfacing to the pattern to make it more durable. While it works, I think next time I will trace a well-loved pattern...which poses the problem of how will I know it is a good pattern until I've cut it out a few times...

Here is my one hour top! Sewing slump over...


oh and what is up next... fixing this debacle

I cut this out ages ago and abandoned it because I lost a piece of fabric for the neckline. I'm thinking about saving this project by using some of the grey fabric used for the Renfrew above. (This red one is for a t-shirt version, not the cowl neck version...)

What do you do to overcome a sewing slump?



4 comments:

  1. it's good to get a sewing fix once in awhile lol! great job on the blouse!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I am in a slump, I can't force it, I just have to let it ride it's course. I find now that I follow so many blogs I get motivated by other peoples projects and the slumps don't last as long. Thank goodness. When I have a pattern that I sew a lot, I trace the whole pattern onto thin cardboard, punch holes in the pieces and hang them from a hook in my sewing area. Super fast to cut out and sew. I think I am going to do that with the Renfrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fabulous idea! I am going to do that with my Renfrew pattern.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...