Monday, January 27, 2014

Another Renfrew and Some Updates

I made another Renfrew and I fixed the collar on the red t-shirt Renfrew I posted last week. It is in the wash, so you'll have to wait for pics

I found this knit fabric in the bedding section of a thrift store...and it was barely enough but I managed a Renfrew from it ....The match in the picture is from the burn test I did. It's cotton.

I'm home alone so no pics with me wearing it....yet

This finishing band at the bottom was cut on the cross-grain. IT seems fine now but I don't know how it will hold up over time.






I realized that to overcome this sewing drought of mine, I need to chunk my projects. I've decided to cut my fabric on one night and sew on another. That way, the tasks are small and do-able. 

My next shirt ( I need shirts!) is already cut. It's a New Look Pattern 6150

  It's cut out from some blue knit fabric from my stash. Hopefully I can finish this shirt (it's only four pieces) during the week. 

February 1st marks the first day of Victoria's Fearless February Challenge. This and Beverly's Scary September Challenge really seem to reinvigorate my sewing.
             







My challenge choice: jackets and blazers. I am always cold and this is a cold, cold winter and likely a long, cold spring too, so some jackets will do me well. I am planning on doing the Colette Albion Sew-along  (but I will be following after the schedule posted as I can never keep up with these things). I'm going to make at least one blazer and a few open, knit jackets. Not too much, not too little.



                    

1 comment:

  1. Looking good. I'm glad to see you back in the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...