Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I've Been Pre-Ordering Lots of New Sewing Books on Amazon

Links provided are to amazon.ca, which I like because they don't charge your credit card until they ship. Also, I find they usually have the best deals going. (Also, isn't this odd: the blogger spellchecker keeps underlining pre-order as a spelling mistake and suggests "pee order" instead!). Also I am almost finished my spring coat...I'll post on it within a few days. By the weekend at the latest.

Sewtionary from Tasia at Sewaholic. 

Gertie's second book. It looks like another winner. I love the quilted skirt on the cover.

Gertie Sews Vintage Casual: A Modern Guide to Sportswear Styles of the 1940s and 1950s. Published in September.

 


Burdastyle Modern Sewing - Wardrobe Essentials - published in the fall.

 

Tilly's first book.

Love at First Stitch: Demystifying Dressmaking

It looks really promising. Published in October - a happy birthday pre-ordered -gift to me.



The Magic Pattern Book: Sew 6 Patterns into 36 Different Styles! Published in the late summer.


Burdastyle Modern Sewing - Dresses For Every Occasion - published next Jan (2015)

 

 

The Colette Guide to Sewing Knits. It is already published of course. I bought the e-book. It isn't available on amazon.ca yet.

 

The best thing about all these new sewing books is that the publication dates are pretty nicely staggered to one book every month or so...which is nice for budgeting.

2 comments:

  1. OOOOooOOoo, looks lie you have some great ones, the magic pattern book is on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gertie book is totally on my list. I'm giving serious consideration to the Colette knits book too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...