Saturday, May 10, 2014

Kerry Cargo Pants: Finished Project








And these two innocent looking creatures, usually attempt to malign my sewing projects by sitting on pattern pieces, or running away with them, or simply rolling all over them covering my garments with hair.


Pattern Description: (from Style Arc Website)
Safari style straight leg cargo pant with drawstring and pleated pockets. There is an optional tab for 3/4 leg option.

Pattern Sizing: sizes 6 -30

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, except for the changes I made.

Were the instructions easy to follow? They were brief yet adequate.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I wanted a pair of cargo pants and I am glad I bought this pattern fot that end. I made some changes but I think the pattern is excellent. I liked the fit and the shape of the pants. This is a really flattering pattern!

Fabric Used:
A very thin Corduroy cotton fabric. 


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:


Kerry Cargo pant sewing pattern
This is the pattern ad from Style Arc.

I made a fly and waist band, because I prefer that to a drawstring. I may make these with the drawstring later, but I think the drawstring makes these pants a lot more casual. I wanted to wear them to work, so a waistband just seemed better. I also added an extra pair of pocket flaps (but not real pockets) further down the leg and I added a drawstring closure at the hems.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes and yes. I love these pants and I get compliments on them all the time. I will definitely make these pants again and again.

Conclusion:

I love these pants and highly recommend them. The fit is amazing. I love Style Arc for the excellent fit.



4 comments:

  1. Great pants, I love the soft feel of corduroy, but never thought to use it for cargo style pants. Your pants are a wonderful combo of comfort and style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Making these pants was a dream. The fit was almost perfect from the start!

      Delete
  2. Great pants. They look very comfy and functional. Gorgeous pets too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...