Monday, May 19, 2014

Update on My Trenchcoat Vogue 8884

Okay, so I love the fabric but not as a coat....this almost ended up an unfinished project, except that I love the fabric...but on this trench it is too loud. One of my friends suggested I think of this trench almost as a blazer and wear it only with black plants....

I just love the buttons I found for this coat...

Added tabs to the shoulders, so that it would be more trench like...

I'm not sure if you can see the storm-flap




As a trench-blazer (only to worn with black or green skirt or pants) I think I can do...this isn't finished yet..I have to put in the lining and make the buttonholes and belt...but I think this is saveable. Which also means that another is in my future...and that seems to be how I learn in sewing. Making the same pattern a few times....

11 comments:

  1. What! Your floral trench is fabulous! Wear it with everything! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the floral too. I am just going to have to wear it since I've decided to finish it.

      Delete
  2. Looking good. Love the idea of a floral trench.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really pretty!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes lament how boring outer wear is. When I last bought a winter coat, I wanted something dressy to wear to work with dresses and dress pants. That said, I wasn't overly keen on it being black and boring, just classic. And yet every single coat that fit the professional look was black, all the fun coloured coats were too casual.

    So I think a trench can be fun and I like the idea of making the clothing you wear with it simple so the coat can shine. I bet as you wear it, it will feel more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that this is just me - used to solids and dark ones at that. I really want to wear it. First, I'll finish it and then I'll take it day by day. Thanks for your comments

      Delete
  5. if you like it & it makes you feel good, that's all that matters ,now you know how to make it if you want to do another , you've done a fantastic job & it looks great!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I'm glad I posted this dilemma. I feel so much bettter about my trench thanks to all the kind comments I've gotten.

      Delete
  6. What a great trench coat! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...