Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Finished Skirt - McCalls 6706

I have to admit, I wasn't sure about this pattern from the beginning. I liked the cover look but I wasn't sure it was for me. Still, I gave it a try. And while it isn't perfect, it is something I will wear (with the tweaking I did.)

M6706
Line Art
Here are the line drawings. I was going to make view D but I cut out the pieces for view C and didn't care for the asymmetrical skirt so I reworked it to look something like view A. (line drawing and cover photo from McCalls site.






I used a polyester knit fabric. So I had to cut out a size smaller than I did. Lots of reworking there. Then I had to add a band across the bottom to make up for the removal of the asymmetrical cut. Ugh. Lots of headaches, but I persevered.


 I ended up making the A-line feature of this skirt less - I did keep the basic shape but I made it less steep. 
Conclusion: This pattern is okay but the dramatic shape is just not me. I am getting better at sewing though, because I was able to work, and work a bit more, to save this skirt.


What's up next? An Adele Top from Style Arc in a fabulous fabric. It is cut out and waiting for me on my cutting table...


9 comments:

  1. The pattern on this fabric is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I loved the pattern on this knit too. And it is a nice fabric too. Sometimes knits can really begin to wear quickly but I don't think this one will.

      Delete
  2. I thought about that pattern, too, but passed on it. The hi-lo hem is still in, but with all of the pleats? It seems like it's too much. Good save for your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did save this skirt. Sometimes I like the cover photo so much, I am lured into thinking the pattern will look good on me. Oh well, all is well that ends well.

      Delete
  3. Cute I love the fabric. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree, the skirt is quite full enough - your version is much better than all the pouff on the pattern. and much more wearable too, to more places and occasions (like the everyday stuff we all do...:-) )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...