Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sewing in the News: Angel's Sewn Hugs

Angel is a school girl in Texas who has made it her goal to love and care for people she doesn't know. She does it by making blankets (and they are nice blankets) for sick kids in the hospital. She custom designs each blanket to reflect the interests of the child and she calls these blankets her "hugs", which is nice because blankets are a warm hug. I find this so meaningful because when I was a child I was alone in the hospital for a few days. I was so homesick. I remember visualizing the bedtime routine in my house and just feeling the most profound sense of loneliness. I would have loved one of her blankets to comfort me. And I am glad that Angel is making them. Angel's hugs mean a lot to those children. What a selfless act and what a profound one too.

The video details how Telus helped Angel with a new sewing room (and what a room it is...) so that she can keep on doing what she is doing...


                                           This video is such a nice tribute to Angel's work.

2 comments:

  1. What an inspiring story. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet!! She is truly an angel.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...