Saturday, January 31, 2015

Burda January Challenge Finished: Stretch-Asymmetrical-Top-01-2015

A bunch of us from patternreview decided to have a monthly Burda challenge. This is the top that I quickly whipped up today. I love the fabric and need to fix the hem but overall I like the top.

129-012015_large
January 2015 Burda Magazine # 129




I have a subscription until February (actually, I just received the Feb issue this week) and I planned to re-subscribe except Burda seems to be selling their monthly magazines on their website for $19.99 and each of the patterns prints separately. Since I loath tracing patterns, I think this may be the way for me....

Yes, it is January 31st and I just got in under the deadline. Actually I have two more quick tops from Burda to finish up tomorrow - one is a novice pattern from a few years ago, but the instructions aren't for novices, and the other is the wool sweatshirt that I've seen made up already on patternreview. 

Back to this shirt - it was a quick make. The pieces are well drafted and I like the asymmetrical hemline. I do have to fix my hem a little - tomorrow - but otherwise I like it. I would suggest that others use a heavier knit than I did. I believe my fabric is a light weight slinky single knit  - I'm not sure it is from my stash - and I used this very thorough post from One Little Minute Blog to determine what it was.

6 comments:

  1. That is a lovely top and your fabric is gorgeous. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love the fabric and the pattern - maybe not this fabric with this pattern though.

      Delete
  2. That is a nice top - the darts really make for a nice fit. The tracing will be worth it in the long run, I am sure :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...