Saturday, February 7, 2015

A Stash of Fabric Ends and A Snow Day....


I've done a lot of shovelling of snow this week and, once inside, decided to do a little stash-busting. 

I found this site which had instructions for making a rag quilt and I had about half a metre of denim left over from a skirt I made last year. Here are some odds and ends in need of ironing. 

And after a quick review of the instructions, I just got started...

My dog, Elvis, couldn't resist seeing if the rag quilt was comfortable.

This is my first rag quilt and the back isn't as pretty as I'd like it to be...

Threads!!!

I love the pieces with pockets showing on the back. I have no idea if you are supposed to use those pieces - I think not - but it turns out those are my favourite pieces

It measures about two feet by one foot. The perfect size for in front of my bathroom vanity.


There is just something about patchwork that I really like. I guess Elvis does too.
Please check out the post immediately after this one for a Burda Magazine Give Away.

6 comments:

  1. I love patchwork too, there's something really honest and personal about the pieces. That's a cute little quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to make a rag quilt just haven't been able to get around to it. I commend you for doing yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I love the appearance and the handiwork of quilts but I;ve really not ventured there. This won't be my last quilt though - I am hooked.

      Delete
  3. That looks gorgeous - just the right sort of activity after shovelling snow. I've been wondering where your doggy has been - he is just so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great stash busting idea. I'm drowning in scraps at the moment, so thanks for the inspiration. Really nice job. Elvis is adorable, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...