Monday, March 9, 2015

A Big List of Canadian Sewing Blogs And Growing

Photo Source

I know there are lists of sewing blogs out there, and even a map or two of sewing enthusiasts, but I have nonetheless, created my own list and I hope it grows. If you know of a Cdn blog that isn't listed - a blog whose primary purpose is sewing rather than quilting or other crafts - please let me know in the comments and I will edit this list.

Updated - Feb 2017, thanks to so many new blog suggestions. Keep them coming so this list becomes current and comprehensive!


Ontario bloggers


The Wild Stitch - blog from Waterloo, and she has a podcast too!
Anna Zoe Pattern Vault
Gathering Threads - a blog for sewing and smocking

Sew Debbie

Weekend Crafting

K-Line

Wardrobe Dysfunction

Stitch Parade - knitting, pottery, sewing, etc

Warp and Weft

All Style All Substance

How Unseamly

The Sewing and Life Adventures of Emerald Erin 

Fit Not to Fit

Always Sewing
Fashion Lehn

Chris Knits in Niagara

Sew Pretty In Pink

The Sewing Lawyer

Amanda Farquharson

Seraphinalina

Button and Needle

Kadance Kloth

Cherah Sews

Seams Like Crystal

Another Sewing Scientist

The Sewing Diet

The Straight Jacket Muse

Pattern Therapy ( I wish this was the name of my blog!)

Me and My Veritas
Sew Stash Sew




BC Bloggers

Sewaholic - patterns and a fabulous blog too

Elle C Sews

Sew Creative Blog

Crafting a Rainbow

A Colourful Canvas

Fabric Paper Thread




Alberta

Everything Sewing

Falling Through Your Clothes

SewFit




Saskatchewan

Tanit-Isis Sews - this is one of the first blogs I found!



Quebec
Young Seamstress CarmencitaB

La Bobbin Filante

Sew-Eng

Fabric Maverick

Family Buzz

Finished Garment

Peg's Place: Sewing, Quilting, Embroidery

Miss Mouse Crafts - I am a Passionate Maker

The Minimalist Hypothesis

Caroline's Stitchin'

Adventures of a Young Seamstress

La Mani Doro

Incondite Le Grand

1 Seam at a Time





Nova Scotia



Sewing on the Edge

Atlantic Sewing Guild


The Beauty of a Stitch
The Sew Haligonian







NB


Sew Passionista
Sisters of the Brush

Quilt, Knit, Run, Sew





Newfoundland and Labrador



Submarines and Sewing Machines

Simply Handmade by Lana - not a sewing blog but lots of fun with fabric crafts







Cdn but I don't know where in Canada

Creating in the Gap



A Passion to Create

Thread Riding Hood

Sewstyled

Myrna Giesbrecht


The Fabulous Dr E


38 comments:

  1. What a great idea - wouldn't it be lovely to have a meet-up one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a meet up of bloggers in one area or another would be great but a country-wide meet up is unlikely. It would cost a fortune!

      Delete
  2. thank you for the list of bloggers!

    Rose in SV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I loved putting this together!

      Delete
    2. I went through my Feedly list and identified Canadian blogs that don't appear to be on this list (my sewing blogs are separated by nation). I hope the paste feature on my ipad works.

      Enjoy! Rose in SV


      Myrna Giesbrecht
      http://blog.myrnagiesbrecht.com/

      Young Seamstress
      http://youngseamstress.blogspot.com/

      Fabulous Dr. E
      https://ejvc.wordpress.com/

      StraightJacket Muse
      http://straightjacketmuse.blogspot.com/

      Pattern Therapy
      http://pattern-therapy.blogspot.com/

      Sew Fit
      http://sewfit.blogspot.com/

      Sew Passionista
      http://sewpassionista.blogspot.com/

      Le Mani Doro
      http://imanidoro.blogspot.com/

      Incondite Grand
      http://inconditelegrand.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    3. Wow, thanks Rose! I love reading new-to-me blogs...

      Delete
    4. You are very welcome! :)

      Rose in SV

      Delete
  3. great list, so many new blogs for me to explore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for including me on your list! I love your puppyyyyyyyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog so of course I had to include it...I get the feeling that I totally under-represented some of the maritime provinces though...hopefully someone will chime in with some blogs from there.

      Delete
  5. thanks for the list, I can't wait to dive & meet them all, I love meeting other bloggers from around the world, not only do we learn new sewing tips but get in some culture along the way!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of it that way - but you're right. Sewing and culture...how can anyone resist?

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm glad you've enjoyed it!

      Delete
  7. Wow, thanks for composing and sharing the list. I'll have to check out some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the list. I am a blogger and I can see my blog address listed I live in Calgary Canada , www.sewfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'll move you to the Alberta bloggers list...I love your blog Aminat!

      Delete
  9. What a great list! Thanks for including me. I really need to get back into the habit of posting (and picture taking) since I have actually been sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very effective list. I have checked some from the list and got good feedback. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay thanks for this list!! I'm so happy to be on it! But I should mention that I've recently moved from Hamilton to Belleville Ontario- so I'm a little more east now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a loss for Hamilton! I hope you enjoy Belleville. I love your blog!

      Delete
  12. Wow, thanks for including me ! I just found you by way of your tag
    Iine on PR. I can help with a couple sew passionista is in NB and sew stash sew is Ontario, young seamstress is currently in QC but is from BC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I will add them right away. This post has gotten so much attention, its wonderful to see so many great sewing blogs from Canada

      Delete
  13. Wonderful article aftagley.Most of the students like this on line transaction
    custom essay writing service

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found your list today - tickled to be on it! If you're still updating it, you may wish to add Julie's blog http://thebeautyofastitch.blogspot.ca/, from beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry this took so long. And I am happy to add another Canadian blogger to the list

      Delete
  15. Thanks, so excited to check out a new sewing blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice list. You can add another sewing blog from the west coast of Vancouver Island, B.C... nicedressthanksimadeit.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for listing my blog! Great idea to connect us Canadian sewers

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey!

    This list is such a fun idea! :) If it's at all allowed (and if you're still updating it) I would love to suggest myself. I blog over at: www.TheWildStitch.com and am from south-western Ontario (Waterloo exactly). I also publish a sewing podcast with a huge Canadian representation.

    Other new CND bloggers you may enjoy are:
    http://sewhaligonian.blogspot.ca/
    http://www.anna-zoe.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am always happy to add (and find/read/follow) new blogs!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...